Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Half Fanatic #3070

Half Fanatic #3070
I am excited to announce that I am officially a Half Fanatic! More specifically HF #3070.  I met a whole group of these crazy people at my first Disney Race (you know, the one that started it all?) and for the last year I have been planning my ascent into membership.  With four half-marathons scheduled over a period of 6 weeks, I knew I could qualify.  However, keeping in mind that this has been a goal of mine since I started running, I decided not to jinx my status by going for a higher moon level... perhaps I should explain.


To become a Half Fanatic you need to complete two or more races within a specified deadline, the more races you complete the more moons you get. 
 
One Moon: Neptune- 2 half marathons within 16 days/3 half marathons within 90 days
 
As compared to-
 
Ten Moons: The Sun- 52 half marathons in a year/30 half marathons in 30 states within a year/20 countries, 20 half marathons within a year.
 
 
If I had waited to apply until after Wine and Dine, I could have joined at the 3 moon level (4 half marathons within 37 days).  With the steady increase in mileage for marathon training, it just seemed questionable to test fate- so I went for it and am thrilled I did.  Plus, now I can order a tech shirt and psych people out at the start line, right?   They will think I am super fast with all of my awesome gear if I wear it all at once... half fanatics shirt, compression shorts, socks, runtimer watch.  I'll look so hardcore.  That is until we start running.  


No comments:

Post a Comment