Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Wine and Dine Meetup!

So. excited. can. hardly. type.  That's right all, I made it into the Wine and Dine half-marathon meetup!  After tossing my hat into the ring last Thursday, I will be spending my Friday morning on a 2 mile run with Jeff Galloway and official runDisney nutritionist Tara Gidus!  I can hardly believe that I get to go and run with an Olympian, how cool is that?  As as a wise woman tweeted... I think this makes me "officially" a runner now.



I will post all of the details of the meetup here @Meg Runs with Mickey, but here is what I know so far...
 
The runDisney Meet-Up is scheduled for Friday, Nov. 9 at 7 a.m. ET, and should conclude around 9 a.m. We ask that everyone arrive at the turnstiles located outside Epcot no later than 30 minutes before the start so we can get everyone checked-in. 
Our runDisney morning will start with a 2-mile walk/run/walk with Jeff Galloway. Please arrive prepared to start our run. We will have staff on-site that can take small personal items to the location where we will be after the run.
Along with Galloway, we will have a number of special guests Friday morning, including official runDisney nutritionist “Diet Diva” Tara Gidus and two-time Disney Wine & Dine winner Anton Van Zyl.
 
As of last Thursday, we planned to drive up Friday morning, but this was worth an edit to the plans and who cares about that credit card bill anyway? Did I mention the running with an olympian part?
 
One of the things that I am most excited about is learning more about fueling for races, especially as we get closer to marathon time.  When I say excited, perhaps I should say intrigued, interested, academically attracted to the nutrition discussion.  But, you all know that the *chance* to have a picture taken with Mickey in the track suit? Now that is excitement. Fingers crossed!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment