Monday, May 6, 2013

Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare Training Plan

The Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare will be my first foray into back-to-back racing.  I sure hope I like it since I've signed up for the Walt Disney World 10k (Minnie) and Half-marathon (Donald) and plan to sign up for the new glass slipper challenge.

I put this together by combining Hal Higdon's 10k plan and the Higdon intermediate Half-Marathon plan.  Until the official start of training (June 10th for me) I'll be maintaining base mileage of 18-22 miles per week.  For me, I know I need an emphasis on strength training, a little bit of speedwork and consistent mid-week mileage.  I run into injury issues when all of my miles are concentrated in my long runs.   I've recently added in bi-weekly (more if I can squeeze them in) hot yoga sessions.  75 minutes of forced stretching has significantly improved my it-band issues.  So for what it's worth, here you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment